5 Spooktacular Halloween Drink Ideas & Recipes
Impress everyone with statement cocktails that are perfect for Halloween! We explore everything from unique Halloween Sangria recipes, Champagne cocktails to off-the-beaten-path mixed drinks.
Want to do some experimenting on Halloween? Get in the spirit and create a cocktail that looks like you are serving your guests a witches potion! This is one of our favorite recipes, and dry ice always makes things more interesting.
- 100% Raspberry Juice (1 Tbsp per drink)
- Vanilla Syrup (1/4 Tbsp per drink)
- Vodka (optional)
- Champagne or Sparking wine
- Fresh blackberry for garnish
- Dry ice (optional)
- Add raspberry juice, vanilla syrup, ice, and vodka in cocktail shaker – mix well
- Fill the mixture half way in a glass and top with champagne
- Garnish with Blackberry’s
ADD DRY ICE (OPTIONAL)
Dry Ice (Food grade) can be purchased at most grocery stores. Buy a block suitable to how many cocktails you will make.
Chizzle off normal size ice cubes and add one to each drink (make sure to wear gloves & eye safety wear)
Safety notes on Dry Ice (food grade): Never allow dry Ice to touch your skin! Always handle with gloves and safety glasses (or sunglasses) DO NOT CONSUME! I know you’re thinking, “Then why the heck am I putting it in my drink?!”. Good thing is that dry ice is dense so it will sink to the bottom and doesn’t melt like normal ice. Just be sure to tell everyone to be cautious of the cube and not to swallow it.
More information on adding dry ice to cocktails provided here courtesy Gizmodo.
Candy Corn Mimosa
Also known as the “Sunrise Mimosa” this simple mixture gives you a Halloween cocktail that looks just like actual candy corn!
- Champagne/sparkling wine
- Orange Juice
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
- Pour 1 Tbsp of grenadine into glass
- Mix champagne and orange juice in pitcher (use cocktail shaker for small parties)
- Add desired amount of the mixture into glass
- Garnish with candy corn on rim or in mimosa
One look at this drink will give you the creepy feeling of a dark spooky night. Don’t let the looks be deceiving because this classic Halloween cocktail is full of delicious flavor.
- 1 bottle of dark fruity red wine
- 2 cups of 100% blackberry juice
- 2 cups of fresh blackberries
- 2 cups of purple grapes
- 2 ½ cups if sparkling water
- Freeze grapes and blackberries before beginning to prepare
- Mix all ingredients in a pitcher
- Add frozen grapes and blackberries
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
The bright green glow of this drink sets the theme perfectly for a spooktacular Halloween cocktail.
- 1 1/2 bottles of champagne
- ½ gallon of orange juice
- ½ gallon of Lime sherbet
- ¼ cup of sugar/sweetener (optional)
- 1 bottle (2 liters) of Sprite
- Desired amount of vodka (optional)
- Raspberries for garnish
- Dry Ice
- Add champagne, juice, sugar, ginger ale, and vodka into large punch bowl and stir well.
- Use an ice cream scooper and add scoops of sherbet into the punch
- Stir until only a few small chunks of sherbet are left floating at the top
- Add 2 decent sized cubes of food grade dry ice into punch bowl and watch it glow! – Sold at most grocery stores
- Garnish with raspberries
Creepy Crawly Punch
If you want something easy to make on Halloween without a ton of ingredients, this is right up your alley. Considering the small amount of effort it takes to make this punch, it sure does taste good and gives the appearance of the perfect Halloween drink!
- 1 bottle (2 liters) of orange soda (I use Sunkist or Fanta)
- 1 bottle of Champagne
- Desired amount of vanilla flavored vodka (optional)
- Plastic spiders
- Black liquorish sticks for garnish
- Dry ice (optional)
- Mix orange soda, champagne, and vodka into large punch bowl and stir well
- Freeze plastic spiders in a ice tray
- Pour punch in glass and add spider ice cubes
- Garnish with liquorish stick